The Laura Devine team were keen to leverage our very current knowledge of the PMS market, not just in terms of products but also vendor visions, roadmaps and client relationship management.
An added dimension was the need for any system to deal easily with some of the operating complexities occasioned by a firm with offices in both London and New York and a flow of work between jurisdictions.
- Produced a full definition of requirements that would meet the needs of stakeholders in two territories working with two currencies
- Created a Request to Tender (RTT) document
- Analysed the RTT responses and drew up a three strong shortlist
- Assisted with further investigations and demonstrations to take three down to a final two
- Made a clear recommendation after extensive – and necessarily repeated – due diligence, with Linetime getting the nod
- Reviewed the chosen supplier’s contractual terms.
- One of the key considerations was to ensure a common end-user experience for staff in both London and New York offices.
- Baskerville Drummond recommended that LDI make use of MS Azure for hosting and WVD for desktop delivery.
- Our team arranged for updated references, specifically to evaluate the impact of Covid after the project’s deferral and before contracts were finally signed. On resumption, the firm wanted to sense-check the decision after nearly a year’s delay.
- We also undertook a further round of technical due diligence, reviewing and testing functional fit and getting renewed buy in from all key stakeholders.
About Laura Devine International
With offices in London and New York, Laura Devine Immigration is regarded as a “stellar” immigration boutique with a powerful transatlantic capability.
Focusing on UK and US immigration and European free movement, we rank in the top tier for immigration across legal directories and are recognised as an “excellent”, “committed” and dedicated team noted for going above and beyond to achieve success for our clients.
“Baskerville Drummond have been extremely helpful in helping LDI choose a new practice management system provider.
Since engaging their services both David and Kevin have been a pleasure to work with – we have been impressed with how they listened to understand the challenges we faced and kept us updated on developments throughout.”