The Latimer Hinks team were keen to own the selection process but recognised they also needed external support and guidance.
Baskerville Drummond were engaged on a “critical friend” basis, advising the selection committee of market options, key considerations and generally providing help and guidance as the team required
About Latimer Hinks
Based in Darlington, we are a discreet niche law firm with a national presence providing specialist and bespoke services in private client, property and agricultural law for more than 125 years.
- Provided introduction and observation of options available in the market
- Setout how the firm should prepare for a PMS project, including the formation of a selection team and approach
- Undertook a high-level assessment of the firm’s needs
- Created a long-list of viable products for the internal team to assess
- Assisted with the creation of a framework of questions for Latimer Hinks to ask suppliers during demonstration’s and meetings
- Undertook a one supplier RTT process to confirm requirements would be met
- Reviewed commercial terms and made recommendations including assessment of SaaS vs traditional purchase
- Defined project phases and linked phases to contract
- Supported Latimer Hinks through contract negotiation
“In August 2019, we identified that we needed a new practice management system. Having little idea of where to start, we were delighted to be introduced to David Baskerville. Being lawyers and not IT experts, we recognised that we needed someone to guide us through the different options – of which there were a fair few.
Without his involvement, it would have been overwhelming and all too easy to be distracted by systems that would have ultimately proved to be unsuitable.
After narrowing it down, David arranged for a cross section of staff to take a closer look at our chosen system, capturing detailed feedback for us to assess prior to a final commitment. He was very patient, and this step was invaluable in terms of the decision-making process.
David has also been a tremendous help in mapping out the different phases of the project – he has taken the time to understand our business and what we want from our case management system and has worked hard to make sure that we get what we need. Our ‘go-live’ date is planned for early 2022 and his guidance will be invaluable throughout this period – and most likely beyond too!
His knowledge, pragmatism and diligence have given us just what we needed – reassurance that we were making the right call on a business-critical decision. If we ever need to go through a similar process again, we wouldn’t hesitate to engage David – we simply couldn’t have done it without his expertise and input.”