Streathers had looked at a number of practice management systems but lacked the internal knowledge and time to move the project forward. Baskerville Drummond was engaged to manage the selection project end-to-end, from initial requirements gathering to assistance with contractual negotiations.
Kevin and the Baskerville Drummond team were very helpful in our selection process for a new practice management system provider.
As we had no in-house legal software expertise, we had found it difficult to assess the relative merits of the different options on the market.
Choosing the wrong provider would be a very expensive mistake and Kevin’s guidance and knowledge of the market, and the thorough fact-finding process he undertook, enabled us to select our new system with confidence.
- Produced a full definition of requirements from both a Finance and a Fee Earner perspective
- Created a Request to Tender (RTT) document
- Analysed the RTT responses and produced a detailed report
- Oversaw ‘deep dive’ demonstrations to help Streathers assess the shortlisted products in greater depth
- Reviewed the chosen supplier’s contractual terms
The supplier market changed rapidly during this selection process with a number of mergers changing the system landscape. Baskerville Drummond’s knowledge of the market provided valuable assistance to Streathers as they moved to a final decision.
The deep dive sessions were due to be arranged as Covid restrictions came into force and this added to the challenge of the project as we worked around the inevitable constraints
Streathers took on a new Chief Operating Officer late in the selection process and Baskerville Drummond helped him get up to speed on the project.