A full IT strategic review as a precursor to future IT projects
Attwaters Jameson Hill (Attwaters) is a full-service law firm with offices in Hertford, Ware, Harlow and Loughton and more than 100 years’ experience working with individuals and businesses. The firm has specialists operating in all major practices across both private and commercial law.
Attwaters required an IT review to better understand its current position and as a precursor to future IT projects.
Attwaters requested a full strategic review of their IT. The review covered the following areas:
- Infrastructure – Including the hardware (servers, desktops, printers and portable equipment), connectivity, telephony, network security, backups and disaster recovery.
- Software – Covering all key elements of the firm’s IT software including practice management systems and all other applications in use.
- IT Strategy and Process – Consideration of the current IT strategy and IT processes such as project management, change control and compliance.
- IT Team and Resourcing – Analysis of the capabilities of the IT team and whether the right level of resourcing was in place.
- A detailed staff IT survey to understand user needs and perceptions.
- IT Budget Review – To identify areas of concern and opportunities for savings.
To undertake a full assessment of Attwaters’ IT in readiness for future IT projects. The following was provided to Attwaters:
- A detailed IT strategic review report complete with recommendations.
- A detailed analysis of the internal IT user survey.
- The firm obtained a greater understanding of the current state of its IT and processes.
- Staff requirements and perceptions were better understood following analysis of the user survey.
- The firm had the information required to ready itself for further IT projects.
“Clear, concise and complete advice pitched at the right level for non-IT technical partners and staff, instilling confidence in their service offering.
Fast response times. A great business partnering experience.”
Baskerville Drummond worked closely with staff across Attwaters while undertaking the IT review. This included spending time with the incumbent IT team as we believe that these reviews are most productive when we work with the current team and not in opposition to them.
As such, our investigation process included the following:
• Interviews with users across the business
• Interviews with the IT team
• A detailed IT user survey
• A review of the firm’s current IT strategy
Based on the above analysis, we were able to supply a full IT strategic review report including an extensive set of recommendations.
Following the IT review, Baskerville Drummond was retained to undertake Attwaters’ PMS replacement project.