We were engaged to undertake a full IT review and to prepare an IT Strategy. The firm requested a ‘root and branch’ review of the firm’s IT covering:
- Infrastructure – Including the networks, the servers and computer room hardware, communications links (network connectivity and broadband capacity), backups and business continuity.
- Software – Covering all key elements of the firm’s IT software to assess whether the current software was effective and appropriate for the business need.
- IT Team and Resourcing – Analysis of the capabilities of the IT team and whether the right level of resourcing was in place.
- A detailed staff IT survey to understand user needs and perceptions.
- The production of an IT strategy providing a list of future projects.